Welcome to the Autumn 2012 Westlaw UK What’s New for Students, a round-up of the latest new content and features to Westlaw UK.
New Journals on Westlaw UK
CAMBRIDGE STUDENT LAW REVIEW
Coverage: 2005 to 2011
Content Highlights:The Cambridge Student Law Review contains the very best in legal scholarship articles from academics, practitioners and students. The review contains articles and notes from all fields of legal scholarship, including jurisprudence, European law, international and comparative law, as well as domestic UK law.
SNEAK PEAK AT WESTLAW UK INSIGHT (COMING SOON)
Westlaw UK Insight is an ever-evolving online legal encyclopaedia that will provide a comprehensive statement of the law in the United Kingdom. Covering England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, and delivered via an intuitive topic-based interface, it will reflect the way today’s lawyers think, and provide succinct up-to-date, expert guidance on the law.
Critically, Westlaw UK Insight will provide you with a more practical way to begin your research and find the content that is most important to you – offering an entirely new experience to the service.
It’s the law explained; from broad overviews to detailed statements.
It’s the law by topic; search a specific subject or browse through many.
It’s the law interpreted and analysed by experts; insight from the smartest legal minds in the business.
It’s the law for everyone; no matter how much or how little you know about a subject, making it the perfect starting point.
KEY POINTS ABOUT WESTLAW UK INSIGHT
- An ever-evolving and growing online legal encyclopaedia, providing a detailed overview of the law in the UK
- Arranged hierarchically, top level articles cover broad areas, lower level articles cover niche fields
- Clean, fresh structure allows efficient and intuitive navigation of the law across topic and jurisdictions
- Written by experts in the field including practitioners and academics – all overseen by Parliamentary Counsel
- Created specifically for online, content is relevant, comprehensive and yet concise, and updated as the law changes
- Direct links to any content on Westlaw UK that is referenced by an author, including books
- Authored and automatically generated links to related cases and legislation
- Integration with Twitter and LinkedIn allows users to share content and receive real-time updates to keep on top of all changes to the law
- Ability to track topics or articles and be alerted via email when they have been updated
Look out for this brand new addition to your Westlaw UK service coming later this year!
NEW ANNOTATED STATUTES ON WESTLAW UK
Full Annotations for the following recently passed Acts are available on Westlaw UK:
- Welfare Reform (Further Provision) (Scotland) Act 2012 (asp 10)
- Long Leases (Scotland) Act 2012 (asp 9)
- Police and Fire Reform (Scotland) Act 2012 (asp 8)
The following legacy Acts have been fully annotated since 30 June 2012 and are now available on Westlaw UK:
- Health and Social Care (Reform) Act (Northern Ireland) 2009
- Rates (Amendment) Act (Northern Ireland) 2009
- Fraud Act 2006
- Management of Offenders etc. (Scotland) Act 2005
- Consumer Protection Act 1987
You can find more information on the Annotated Statutes Service here.